2013年5月30日 星期四

Coinbase : Easiest way to Sell BitCoins for Cash

I found this site a while back and have been waiting to write about it until I had a chance to use it.
https://coinbase.com
Allows a user to connect a bank account to an online wallet.  The user can then buy and sell BTC <–> USD to and from an actual bank account.
I have not yet used the service to buy BTC, but I have used it to sell BTC and send the USD to my Bank account.
The notice said it would take about 4 business days for my funds to be in my account.  However, 2 Days later they were there.
The fees are not that bad either at 1%.  It’s the lowest I’ve seen anywhere.
The Multi Factor Authentication is much better than some.  The Yubi Key is great when they are used properly.  Some sites do not fully integrate with the Yubi Key infrastructure.  For instance Mt GOX does integrate but BlockInfo online wallet doesn’t.  BlockInfo apparently simply uses the first static portion of the key.  Coinbase doesn’t use YubiKey uses a phone app called authy.  You can download for your Android or iPhone.  This provides the user with a token that has to be entered upon authentication and when ever a transaction takes place.  MFA is optional, but I would recommend it since you will have a bank account tied to this wallet.
There is a Merchant solution too.  I have not had experience with it.  If anyone has and wants to leave a note about it in the comments please do.
The site appears to still be in Beta, but from what I can tell it is fully functional.  This is exactly what Bitcoin needs to make BTC to Currency exchange easy for the masses.

沒有留言:

張貼留言